Start date :
Anytime from January to September 2024
Ardian is a world-leading private investment house, managing or advising $156bn of assets on behalf of more than 1,400 clients globally. Our broad expertise, spanning Private Equity, Real Assets and Credit, enables us to offer a wide range of investment opportunities and respond flexibly to our clients’ differing needs.
Through Ardian Customized Solutions we create bespoke portfolios that allow institutional clients to specify the precise mix of assets they require and to gain access to funds managed by leading third-party sponsors. Private Wealth Solutions offers dedicated services and access solutions for private banks, family offices and private institutional investors worldwide.
Ardian is part-owned by its employees and places great emphasis on developing its people and fostering a collaborative culture based on collective intelligence. Our 1,050+ employees, spread across 17 offices in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Middle East are strongly committed to the principles of Responsible Investment and are determined to make finance a force for good in society. Our goal is to deliver excellent investment performance combined with high ethical standards and social responsibility.
At Ardian we invest all of ourselves in building companies that last.
Ardian’s Buyout team is offering an analyst internship opportunity in the Milan office to assist in the identification, analysis and execution of investments as well as in the monitoring activities of the portfolio companies.
The analyst intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with senior management at Ardian, investment teams and support functions. High performing previous analyst interns have become permanent hires into the Ardian team.
Key responsibilities for the analyst intern will include:
- Collect and analyse information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate to meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, financial modelling, company valuation, etc.)
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting the investment memorandum and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- Participate in the portfolio monitoring activities (build-up M&A, investor report preparation, internal report preparation, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity and knowledge of financial engineering and LBO structuring
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player with a cooperative business style
- Intellectual rigour and discipline; ability to organise and perform work efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills, with high level of attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis, valuation techniques and financial modelling
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business or engineering school or university with the highest levels of academic achievement
- Strong commercial understanding of Private Equity
- English and Italian fluency is mandatory
- Previous experience in one of the following areas required:
- M&A or leveraged finance team of a leading investment bank
- Private equity fund
- Leading strategy consulting firm
About the Team
Ardian Buyout team spreads across Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, Madrid, Luxembourg, London, and New York with the aim of investing in upper-mid and large-cap companies. With assets of US$14bn managed or advised, our core investment approach is to implement transformational buy-and-build strategies to help local European and North-American champions grow into global leaders. Putting sustainability at the heart of our business, the multinational investment team, composed of 56 professionals, has developed strong partnerships with leading players across multiple industries while acquiring a strong expertise in the food value chain, healthcare, technology and services sectors. The Analyst Intern will be helping the Italian Buyout team, currently consisting of 9 investment professionals.
Please send CV
Cover letter not required (but please indicate preferred start date)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
At ARDIAN, we are proud of our diverse culture. As a forward thinking organization, we recognize that having people from different backgrounds brings innovation and excellence. Therefore, a diverse and inclusive environment is key to our business success. Ardian is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status as a victim of domestic violence, pregnancy or child birth (including breastfeeding) or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and not to discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of your employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement and promotion.