Start date :
Ardian is a world-leading private investment house, managing or advising $150bn of assets on behalf of more than 1,400 clients globally. Our broad expertise, spanning Private Equity, Real Assets and Credit, enables us to offer a wide range of investment opportunities and respond flexibly to our clients’ differing needs. Through Ardian Customized Solutions we create bespoke portfolios that allow institutional clients to specify the precise mix of assets they require and to gain access to funds managed by leading third-party sponsors. Private Wealth Solutions offers dedicated services and access solutions for private banks, family offices and private institutional investors worldwide. Ardian is part-owned by its employees and places great emphasis on developing its people and fostering a collaborative culture based on collective intelligence. Our 1,050+ employees, spread across 16 offices in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Middle East are strongly committed to the principles of Responsible Investment and are determined to make finance a force for good in society. Our goal is to deliver excellent investment performance combined with high ethical standards and social responsibility. At Ardian we invest all of ourselves in building companies that last.
Interns in the Ardian Infrastructure team assist in the identification, analysis and execution of potential investment opportunities as well as asset management of existing portfolio assets. The internship will provide a global view on the world of infrastructure private equity investment from deal sourcing and execution to asset management and client management.
The intern will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting investment teams, in particular on the financial analysis and valuation, financial modelling as well as preparation of internal deal material including investment memoranda and valuation presentations
- Financial modelling (Excel): Reviewing and creating financial models including making future business forecasts, valuation and return analysis as well as sensitivity analysis
- Analysis of new deal opportunities and investment perimeters (countries, sectors) through ad-hoc reviews
- Support the Ardian Infrastructure team’s wide asset management activities which will depend on the assets assigned. Asset management work could include, for example, arranging a debt refinancing or working with management teams and external advisors to implement new growth initiatives
- Support the co-investment team by liaising with Ardian deal teams and potential co-investors
- Prepare regular asset management reporting and participate in communication to Ardian clients.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and valuation techniques
- Knowledge of financial modelling and LBO structuring
- Competency in MS office product suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Competency in basic financial modelling
- The candidate should possess a broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills, and be a strong team player able to work under pressure
- Intellectual rigor and discipline
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently.
- Degree either completed or due to complete from a leading business school or university. Minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- A previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial: Private Equity fund, M&A or structured/leveraged finance team of a leading European or American bank, Transaction Services team of a leading audit firm, Leading strategy consulting firm
High level of communication skills required, both verbally and in writing.Interns will regularly be required to communicate with internal and external contacts. Communication could include interaction with Ardian clients, other Ardian teams, operating partners, external parties such as advisors and consultants.Moreover, interns will frequently interact with members of the Ardian Infrastructure team located in other geographies.Fluent written and spoken Spanish and English.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
At ARDIAN, we are proud of our diverse culture. As a forward thinking organization, we recognize that having people from different backgrounds brings innovation and excellence. Therefore, a diverse and inclusive environment is key to our business success.
Ardian is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status as a victim of domestic violence, pregnancy or child birth (including breastfeeding) or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and not to discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of your employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement and promotion.