Department : Legal
Location : London
Contract : Internship
Duration: 6 months
Start date: January 2024
Ardian is a world leading private investment house, managing or advising $150bn of assets on behalf of more than 1,300 clients globally. Our broad expertise, spanning Private Equity, Real Assets and Credit, enables us to offer a wide range of investment opportunities and respond flexibly to our clients’ differing needs. Through Ardian Customized Solutions we create bespoke portfolios that allow institutional clients to specify the precise mix of assets they require and to gain access to funds managed by leading third-party sponsors. We also provide a specialist service for private clients through Ardian Private Wealth Solutions. Ardian is majority-owned by its employees and places great emphasis on developing its people and fostering a collaborative culture based on collective intelligence. Our 1,075 employees, spread across 17 offices in Europe, the Americas and Asia, are strongly committed to the principles of Responsible Investment and are determined to make finance a force for good in society. Our goal is to deliver excellent investment performance combined with high ethical standards and social responsibility.
At Ardian we invest all of ourselves in building companies that last.
We are seeking a legal intern with an interest in the funds space to join our in-house team based in Mayfair, London.
The successful candidate will be a law student in the process of qualifying in France/UK or qualified. Previous in-house or private practice internship experience, ideally with exposure to private equity/venture capital and or funds work, is a plus but not essential. The candidate will possess a strong academic record.
- providing legal support on the creation, structuring and management of funds (including UK limited partnerships and Luxembourg structures),
- participating in the preparation and drafting of relevant fund documentation,
- participating in negotiations with external investors and service providers,
- collaborating with and providing legal support to other departments,
- assisting and preparing minutes of investment committees and board meetings,
- monitoring legal and regulatory developments.
- The successful candidate should be able to learn quickly, organize their work effectively and have the ability to adapt to their environment.
- The successful candidate will be a law student in the process of qualifying or qualified in France/UK with a high academic record.
- Previous legal experience, particular funds experience, is a plus but not essential.
- Bilingual French and English.
- Must be a team player, able to communicate well within the team and to other teams
- Will have engagement with regulatory counsel and administrators
Conduct Rule Staff
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the role
- Understand the Individual Conduct Rules set out by the UK Regulator and ensure compliance in letter and in spirit
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
At ARDIAN, we are proud of our diverse culture. As a forward thinking organization, we recognize that having people from different backgrounds brings innovation and excellence. Therefore, a diverse and inclusive environment is key to our business success.
Ardian is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status as a victim of domestic violence, pregnancy or child birth (including breastfeeding) or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and not to discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of your employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement and promotion.